Friday, December 30, 2011

10 best songs from 2011.

  Before I start on the list, let me just say that the songs that I'm listing here aren't guaranteed to be produced/debuted in 2011. They're just a bunch of songs that I discovered on 2011 and pretty much dangled on both of my ears throughout 2011. Do put in mind that this is MY list and hence, people may disagree. I loved, hearted, probably feel asleep listening to these songs and they still haunt me.






10. Zee Avi - Concrete Wall




 "You say that I need therapy,
Well my darling so do you,
Don't need for you to tell me,
What is wrong in all I say or I do"
(The boom schlack-clack is so haunting. And it's a cute sad song.)


9. Foster the People - Waste



"I'll hold your hand when you're feeling mad at me,
When the monsters they wont go,
The windows they wont close,
I'll pretend to see what you see"
(First song I heard from these peeps and yes, got hooked up. Love how they arrange everything abt the song.)



8. Laura Marling - Night After Night







"Night after night,
Day after day,
Would you watch my body weaken,
My mind drift away ?"
(The song pretty much sums up what I used to feel and still do at times. So much perfection.)

7. Kimbra - Good Intent


"You know you shouldn't be there but it's way past bed,
There's comfort in the fingers of your good intent,
You know you shouldn't be there but your money's all spent,
You've got your reputation and your good intent"
(Didn't even know that a song could be this good. The music is amazing and if sarcasm had a sound, this would be it.)

6. Feist - Caught A Long Wind



"Caught a long wind,
A long life wind,
I got to know the sky,
But it didn't know me,
Got to see the light,
And land on top of the sea"
(Favourite track off the amazing album. Makes me want to climb up trees.)

5. Coeur de Pirate - La Petite Mort



Car si l’on me perd,
c’est seulement pour rester la tienne,
Et au creux de ses bras, la mort nous bercera,
(Loved the translation and never has a song made me feel so sad without me understanding a thing.)

4. Young the Giant - Islands



"Five days,
Underwater,
Near your island,
Off the coast"
(The groove, the lonesome lyrics just give me chills. Amazing.)



3. Lana Del Rey - Off to the Races


"I’m your little scarlet, starlet,
Singing in the garden,
Kiss me on my open mouth,
Ready for you"
(Just when I thought Born To Die was near to perfection, this song came in.)


2. Yuna - Fears & Frustrations


"We spend so much time,
 Looking into each others' eyes,
Getting to know each others' lies,
Overlooking reality"
(The music is heavenly orgasmic, and the siren just grabs you into the song.)


1. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - PON PON PON


"PON PON WEI WEI WEI
PON PON WEI PON WEI 
PON PON"
(do I need to say more ? LOL)


  I really hope that you guys liked the playlist. I know some might have thought that Yuna could have been the first one looking at me being 200% biased at her. But hehe, PON all the way. Anyway, I had always loved sharing things and so yeah, here I am doing it. I really do hope that you guys do listen to at least a friggin' song LOL cause god knows how long it took to do this list. Hope you guys liked it !

Do tell me which is your favourite :-p

12 comments:

  1. tergelak jap bila tgk lagu no 1.
    hehe.
    maybe teringat kau pernah tunjuk mv dia kat aku,
    atau mgkin lirik dia yg kelakar + comel
    atau mgkin sbb tringat ko prnh menari lgu ni kat depan pintu makmal bahasa.
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. nasyira: hahaha, ada jugak orang check out benda ni eh ? haha yayyy tq!

    and lol, rindu sekolah kut. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ngee. tdi aku on blogger and nmpk post ko. huhu

    em. rindu makmal bahasa gak . dan sekolah jugak /:

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIKED Mr.Ri punya komen.. ! hahaha.. xP

    ReplyDelete
  5. mr.ri & adlan: Cehh, korang dgr ke tak ntah :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU SIR, have high taste of music. Very hipster(?) (It's a compliment btw)

    I have only listened to couple of the songs from the list before. Yuna's and the PON PON PON damn that song stuck in my head for days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. napeace: LOL, hipster as a compliment ? society says otherwise :-p don't hipsters listen to unknown bands or smth ?

    and haha, did u check out any off the ones u haven't listened to before ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I thought hipsters are cool, no? Okay now I know. :p Uhm, these kinds of music are unknown too. Well, to me at least.

    Yess I did check them out. Very soothing.. and sad(?) which I love. All the album covers are awesome btw. Very artsy.

    Laura Marling tu Indo ke? MALING. Haha okay tak lawak -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy, thank you for checking em out ! haha.
      I really appreciate it >_< and lol bukan lah. jahat ! :-p

      Delete
  9. Shah, tambah lagi byk byk lagu. best pulak dengar sambil check UPU. lol.
    btw, aku baru dapat dengar hari ni. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, tunggu akhir tahun ni. :-p
      tapi thanks a lot sebab check out !

      Delete